Job Title: Shipping Night Supervisor
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reports To: Shipping Manager
Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000 (DOE)
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and yearly evaluation of subordinates. Supervise directly activities of Leads, Loaders, Dispatchers, Forklift Drivers, Pressure Tunnel Operators, MACS, Ice Injector Operators, Temp Employees, Receivers, Miscellaneous Floor/Yard Help Employees and Tube Operators.
- Includes the following and/or other duties assigned based on business decisions
- Assist in Scheduling:
- Veg Loaders
- Mix Room Rackers
- Berry Grassers
- Berry Loaders
- Assist in Supervision of Night Crew:
- Veg Loaders
- Mix Room Rackers
- Berry Grassers
- Berry Loaders
- Warehouse Storage/Maintenance
- Daily Production
- Assist with shipping special projects
- Maintain training and direction with all leads, loaders, rackers.
- Assures all commodities prior to shipping are properly iced, stacked, temperature, etc.
- Coordinates truck loading, special truck loading
- Coordinates Shipping Manager, Appointment Coordinator, and Leads to make sure appointments are properly scheduled to manpower
- Makes wise decision at the end of night based on priority loading with customers
- Monitors flow of trucks by the hour
- Supervises and coordinates Shipping Department at end of night tasks
- Supervise daily cleaning and approvals at the end of night shift (docks, drains)
- Oversees nightly reports are being sent out: LTR, Custom Cooling reports, Daily Adjustments Log, etc.
- Sets and reviews loading goals daily with Shipping manager
- Reviews daily hours and OT hours
- Locks and secures the cooler, yard, gates, and main office at the end of the night
- Performs a daily closing report for Management Team
- Maintain time and production records
- Ensures that all ASN transactions and temperature recorder launching is done correctly at end of night
- Perform and improve activities of workers supervise
- Daily Night Inventory
- Rotation of Product
- Daily Pre-Op Inspections
- Daily Age Report
- Fixes Inventory Discrepancies for BP
- Enforces GMP’s, and SOP’s policy.
- Enforces General Housekeeping and Office Organization
- Train subordinates in the safe use of machinery and equipment
- Meet quality standard productions
- Enforce company disciplinary, safety and food safety policies
- Ensure operation of machinery and equipment in a safe manner’s
- Custom Cooling
Be versed in learning different WMS system(s): JDA Blue Yonder, Famous
Oversee/preform nightly inventory count for custom cooling
Solves inventory discrepancies
Prints and email recap reports to custom cooling customers daily at the end of shift
Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crews
Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment and quality of product
Proficiency and help assist workers in problem solving AX system and processes
Walk cold-room for visual inspection: report any unsafe findings, compromised/damaged product, and/or workflow of employees
- Supervisory Responsibilities – Directly supervises 1 to 75 employees in the Loading Dock Area, Dispatchers, MACS, Pressure Tunnels, Ice Injectors, Miscellaneous Floor/Yard Help and Temp Employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training new employees; planning, assigning, and direction work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
Must be able to make independent decisions regarding production, hiring, firing and safety.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; maintain emotional control; remains open to other’s suggestions; implement new procedures and processes
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Delegation – Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Managing People – Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
Professionalism –Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly. Document and respond to employee injury in a timely manner.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected event.
Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Works well with co-workers, Sales Department, Field Department and Main Office Staff. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience – Years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
Language Skills – Ability or read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – Word, Email, Excel (some experience preferred)
Other Skills and Abilities – Organizational skills, Barcoding (some experience preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods; walk long distances; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; bend, stoop, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move from 20-70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee is exposed to outside weather conditions including sun, rain, wind, fog, cold, and heat while performing the duties of moving mechanical parts. The employee is expected regularly to navigate muddy and/or uneven ground. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Profit Sharing