Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Santa Maria, CA | Yuma, AZ during Winter Season
Reports To: Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance
Salary Range: $24 – $28/hr (DOE)
It is the responsibility of the Quality Assurance Specialist to follow work instructions, complete all assigned tasks, and complete all required documentation relevant to any QA related issues occurring during duty periods. Communication and team work are expected of this individual.
- Reports to the Director of FSQA
- Collaborate and communicate with all departments in the company
- Data entry of QC information
- Verifies and handles FSQA equipment (scales, thermometers, etc.)
- Performs quality checks of product (following customer and USDA guidelines) at the field and facility level.
- Reports and documents quality and food safety issues in a timely manner
- Conduct food safety tasks under the direction of Food Safety Managers (e.g., environment and water samples, inspections, etc.)
- Provide training to personnel, lead and support QA meetings, when necessary
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Be able to work extended periods outdoors (hot/cold weather) in rough, uneven, sometimes muddy terrain
- Perform office work which requires prolonged periods of sitting
- Be available in Santa Maria, CA (summer) and Yuma, AZ (winter) growing & harvesting seasons.
- Must be able to work various hours and day, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (higher education degree, diploma or a certificate is desired, but not required)
- English & Spanish (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Ability to comprehend customer and USDA grading principles and requirements
- Knowledge of agriculture production processes
- Knowledge of best practice food safety & quality principles (desired)
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills
- Follow OSHA Safety Requirements
- Must have strong ability to multi-task, stay organized and think on their feet
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record
- Profit Sharing