Job Title: Production Supervisor, Vegetables
Department: Betteravia Farms Production
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reports To: Area Manager and Production Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing and adhering to planting and pre-irrigation schedules.
- Responsible for the quality management of crop production to include: Irrigation, Cultivation, Weeding, Thinning, Fertilization, and Ground Preparation.
- Responsible for managing crop production within budget perimeters (Fertilizer, Labor, Inputs).
- Responsible for the daily management and oversight of : Developing effective weekly production plans, Execution of company farming practices, Ground work, Irrigation, Cultivation, and Fertilization.
- Responsible for coordinating and collaborating with harvest to determine harvest date(s), Irrigation Schedules, and Crop Quality.
- Responsible for working with Alejandro on ground timing and ground prep method (conventional or minimum till).
- Responsible for the management and coordination between ranches of all ranch assets: Equipment, Tape, Labor, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in Food Safety, Worker Safety, Employee Relations, and all Governmental Regulatory Compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate crew levels to ensure production demands are met.
- Responsible for routine communications with Pest Control Advisors.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and performance assessments of designated personnel.
- Responsible for financial analysis/reporting, budgets, and establishing metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Functions and Competencies:
- Teamwork: Demonstrated teamwork. Ability to work well with others.
- Communication: Bilingual ability. Communicates well with others both verbal and written. Interacts well with all departments. Collaborates routinely.
- Dependability and Responsibility: Is dependable and accepts responsibility for his/her role to meet deadlines.
- Attendance, Policies & Procedures: Maintains good attendance and upholds all company policies and procedures with the highest integrity.
- Problem Solving & Motivation: Identifies and solves problems with prompt decisions and monitors results to meet objectives.
- Productivity & Time Management: Achieves productivity goals, manages time wisely and maintains low error rate.
- Organization & Leadership Skills: Plans and organizes projects in a timely manner. Establishes priorities with employees and/or appropriate parties. Communicates well with management.
- Strong computer skills required: Advanced Excel (Ability to execute Pivot Tables and Link Spreadsheets).
Competitive benefits and salary.
401K and Profit Sharing Plans
Vegetable Production experienced desired.