Demonstrated experience or education requirements:
Job Title: Product Analyst
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: VP, Sales & Marketing
Pay: $23.50 – $28.50/hour
To provide direction daily to the respective harvest supervisor(s) for the designated commodities to meet customer demand. In addition to providing direction and working with the account management team to enable optimal product volume flow in the market.
Collaborate with the harvesting department daily to determine product availability and viability for each day of the week. Provide ongoing direction to management and sales department to ensure best volume flow by customer throughout the week. Additionally, work daily with the logistics team to ensure freshest possible delivery of product to our customer base.
Manage and oversee AX inventory is current and accurate, maintain appropriate volume availabilities to account managers and management.
Recommend daily pricing by commodity.
Identify Ad volume available by commodity each Wednesday for two weeks out.
Provide Spot Buy volume availability each Friday for the following week.
Recommend forward pricing for select customers to management weekly.
Maintain and distribute product performance reporting.
Business Management reports
Product Quality reports
Ad hoc reporting requests for management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in using Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a part of a collaborative team. Ability to prioritize deadlines & projects, including coordinating the efforts of multiple contributors, and establish time frames for completion of projects and assignments.
- Willingness and ability to embrace and follow the Company Handbook. Ability to interact constructively and employees at all levels, upper management, owners, and community members, with diverse personalities and cultures, exercising sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy with an emphasis on flexibility, customer service and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, including effective writing skills to prepare correspondence, various documents and reports, and email with knowledge of correct usage of English language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Willingness and ability to meet Company and department standards for attendance.
- Demonstrated experience or education requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows operating systems and related business and communication software and a demonstrated ability to learn and use various campus administrative computing systems and applications including, but not limited to AX, Dynamics 365 with the ability to update and expand skills as needed.
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques.
- Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team members.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Communication – Must be able to read and write in Spanish.
- Support Company Vision – Follows policies and procedures; Supports company’s goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security –Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials proper. Keeps work area clean and organized.