Job Title: Pest Control Advisor (PCA)
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Vegetable disease and pest management: Scouting, monitoring, and implementation of control measures and maintaining accurate chemical records.
• Pest Control Recommendations.
• Follow up on chemical applications to check efficacy.
• Ability to work with Harvest Crews to determine quality controls.
• Environmental chemical hazard awareness.
• Ability to prepare and work with budget perimeters.
• Ability to work with ranch managers to coordinate pesticide applications.
• Knowledge of agriculture chemicals.
• Continuing education to increase chemical knowledge level and legislature updates.
Competency: (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
• Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
• Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions.
• Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team members.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
• Communication – Must be able to read and write in Spanish.
• Support Company Vision – Follows policies and procedures; Supports company’s goals and values. Leads by example.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security –Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials proper. Keeps work area clean and organized.
• Employee must have the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, speak, concentrate, reach in all directions, stoop, bend, lift up to 60 lbs.
• Use a computer, telephone and other equipment needed for the position
• Possess the ability to reason and communicate clearly with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Fulltime hourly position.
• Competitive Salary and Benefit Package.
• Daytime Shift includes: Monday through Saturday.
•PCA license desired but not required.