Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Salary Range: $100,000 – $140,000 (DOE)
Minimum 3 years of development experience in any C-family programming language (such as C++, C#, Java, Objective C, etc.) and a strong understanding of object oriented programming. You will be responsible for building object oriented applications, including anything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. We currently utilize C#, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft Dynamics X++, SQL, SSAS and SSRS for daily operations but you are not required to have working experience on these platforms as long as you are interested in building applications with these platforms. Your primary responsibilities will be to design, develop and support various intranet web and client ERP applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, following existing design patterns and coding conventions, and quality product is important.
- The position will initially involve learning the details of our current AX system, doing development work for approximately 2-3 years, and then formally taking over the individual in the current position
- The initial work period would consist of:
- Supporting AX users through report and OLAP writing
- Enhancing or trouble shooting customization programs
- Helping users in a support role
- Helping to do system upgrades.
- Doing development work in other non-ERP systems (such as Crop Planning, Field Receiving, etc…)
- After transition, the position will consists of:
- Direct and manage all activities of our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX) and all the additional software systems we maintain (Crop Planning System, Warehouse system, Fertilizer tracking, other).
- Interact with Senior Management on current systems, future enhancements and all IT activities other than LAN/Hardware support.
- Manage and do some of the actual work of system development including upgrades, new systems, etc.
- Review and approve all IT contracts related to software or software development.
- The position is approximately 80% development work and 20% managerial work. Definitely a working manager.
- 10 years programming experience in one of the C programming languages
- Significant experience in either manufacturing or agriculture distribution (i.e. have a good understanding of inventory and warehouse systems).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience (AX preferred; another ERP system okay)
- Some Supervisory Experience
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team members.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Communication – Must be able to read and write in Spanish.
- Support Company Vision – Follows policies and procedures; Supports company’s goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security –Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials proper. Keeps work area clean and organized.
The essential physical requirements for this position are:
- Employee must have the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, speak, concentrate, reach in all directions, stoop, bend, lift up to 60 lbs.
- Use a computer, telephone and other equipment needed for the position
- Possess the ability to reason and communicate clearly with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Profit Sharing