Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Senior Director of Human Resources
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000 (DOE)
This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Human Resources and is responsible for coordinating functions and duties in support of projects and programs for the human resources department. This role will include support in various human resource functions including recruiting, social media, HRIS Systems Management, Career Fairs, and Administration
HR Department Support
- Support recruiting efforts by assisting recruiting team by managing social media, placing ads, and conducting background and reference checks
- New hire on-boarding
- Enter new hire information and maintain employee data in the HR information systems
- Schedule and support HR Events
- Support HR projects including annual benefits enrolment, performance management, auditing, trainings, etc.
- Coordinate logistics for training events with the departments
- Act as the backup for assigned HR functions
- Write and send employee communications for company events, wellness challenges, and employee perks and benefits, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Human Resources
- Create ad hoc reports, manage training enrollment, and maintain distribution list
- In conjunction with the Operations Generalist update and maintain users lists and enrollments
- Assist with user management for all HR systems; this includes troubleshooting for users
- Manage the HR ticket queue input
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and three (3) years’ of direct experience working in an administrative role in a highly generalized human resources department or six (6) years of direct experience as an HR Coordinator in a mid-sized company.
- Knowledge of CA employment laws, Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, fair hiring, and other human resource compliance issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communication with all levels within the organization
- Strong ability to work efficiently and effectively in a multi- project, multi-demanding environment.
- Strong organizational skills; able to effectively prioritize assignments and competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and human resources information systems (HRIS)
- Familiar with video chat and similar technology a plus
- Experience in planning employee functions including job fairs, trainings, and various meetings
Physical Demand & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to move around the office. The employee is often required to use tools, objects, and controls. This noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Profit Sharing