Job Title: Harvesting Supervisor, Strawberries
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reports To: Harvest Supervisor
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises, with hands on involvement, all strawberry harvest activities
- Will also assist in organizing labor for various production work.
- Identifies and sources labor; develops and manages crews, ensures proper training, and cultivates high morale.
- Responsible for collection and submission of strawberry Harvest data.
- Responsible for communicating accurate estimates of strawberry crops and to deliver high quality to the cooler in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with all labor laws, prime audits or food safety, company policy and workers safety.
- Maintains a well-organized, clean and safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works, shares, and communicates well with other harvest personnel.
- Achieves above average quality scores and maintains a high position on the Driscoll’s district leaderboard.
- Accurately manages and records the harvesting of multiple SKUs and pack types.
- Assures accurate harvest forecasts to Driscoll’s on a daily basis.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience and a proven track record with strawberry harvesting.