Job Title: Harvest Management
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Looking for a capable individual to supervise a large-scale harvesting operation.
- Previous experience in this area of work.
- Full responsibility of management of a large scale harvest operation.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with Owners and Management.
- Ability to develop, coach, and mentor many different people and personalities.
- Possess and demonstrate a sound knowledge of management and ability to offer guidance and instruction to harvesting foreman.
- The ability to make independent decisions and solve issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to coordinate, equipment, employees, and foremen to safely and efficiently complete daily harvest orders.
- Maintain efficiency, speed, and quality of harvest crews.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain and enforce a safe work environment.
- Work 6 days per week.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Willingness to travel to Yuma, Arizona during winter operations.
- Ability to perform other related duties as required.
Qualities Required for Harvest Management:
- Strong management skills
- Excellent Communicator
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Proficiency with computer skills (Excel, Word, Email)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent observation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to work with many personality types
- Organic experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan
- Company Vehicle
- Compensation commensurate with candidate’s credentials.
- Combination of education, training, and applied knowledge in Vegetable Production.