Job Title: Harvest Intern
Position Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Harvest Supervisor
Responsible for working alongside managers and accepting delegated responsibilities and duties with the goal of eventually becoming a manager.
- Work with other managers to plan and direct the work of the Harvest Department.
- Achieving individual goals.
- Work in different departments to gain perspective as assigned.
- Handle assigned duties to gain familiarity.
- Adhere to guidelines and training programs.
- Attend periodic evaluations with manager to ensure performance goals set by management are on track.
- Achieve a passing score in all areas of the management training program in order to continue program.
- Use department reports to analyze department performance.
- Observe experienced staff to gain knowledge about procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing departmental duties.
- Work with management to develop and implement actions that protect profitability.
- Team Building and Mentoring.
- Upholding company standards by being professional, approachable, coachable, and educated on department and company processes.
Minimum Skills and Specifications Required:
- Strong communication and multitasking skills.
- Be a self-starter with strong problem solving abilities.
- Must possess good people skills which will enable candidate to effectively gain from the expertise of the various persons working in the organization.
- Must possess a desire for teamwork.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be proficient with computer skills. Ability to work on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Ability to gain fluency in Spanish.
- Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team members.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Communication – Must be able to read and write in Spanish.
- Support Company Vision – Follows policies and procedures; Supports company’s goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security –Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials proper. Keeps work area clean and organized.
The essential physical requirements for this position are:
- Employee must have the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, speak, concentrate, reach in all directions, stoop, bend, lift up to 60 lbs.
- Use a computer, telephone and other equipment needed for the position.
- Possess the ability to reason and communicate clearly with or without reasonable accommodation.