This is a great opportunity and introduction to food safety regulations and requirements in produce. Long-term career possibilities available upon successful completion of internship and graduation.
- To become versed in the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) of Bonipak Produce.
- To assist in GAP and SOP inspections of the Harvesting Crews (both in-house and contracted crews).
- To act as a liaison between the Food Safety Director and the Harvest Crews.
- To assist in ALL food safety audits (Primus, LGMA, customer requests).
- To become versed and assist with all food safety trainings pertaining to the harvest and ranch crews.
- To assist in GMP requirements at both Bonita Cooling and Bonifresh.
- To learn the concept of Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP) as it pertains to the operations of Betteravia/Oceano Farms, Bonifresh and Bonita Cooling.
- To assist in other duties deemed necessary by the Food Safety Director.
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team members.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Communication – Must be able to read and write in Spanish.
- Support Company Vision – Follows policies and procedures; Supports company’s goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials proper. Keeps work area clean and organized.
The essential physical requirements for this position are:
- Employee must have the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, speak, concentrate, reach in all directions, stoop, bend, lift up to 60 lbs.
- Use a computer, telephone and other equipment needed for the position.
- Possess the ability to reason and communicate clearly with or without reasonable accommodation.