Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Santa Maria Based Agriculture Company seeking Finance/Accounting Intern. The student filling this position will handle a wide range of duties. Long-term career possibilities available upon successful completion of internship and graduation.
- Assist with month end financial reports
- General Ledger
- Help with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation
- Assist with audits
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Data Entry
- Other Duties As Assigned
- Applicants should be Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting majors with strong aptitude in Microsoft Office applications (Excel)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Support Company Vision – Follows policies and procedures; Supports company’s goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.