Job Title: Production Engineer
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reports To: Vice President of Farm Operations
Classification: Exempt from Overtime
Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000 (DOE)
Betteravia Farms/Bonipak is looking for a qualified individual to join the Farm Production Department in Santa Maria, CA as the Procurement and Inventory Coordinator. The candidate will be responsible for planning, procurement, inventory management and cost allocation validation for our farming operations of vegetable and berry crops. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Farm operations and will work closely with ranch managers, agronomists, cost accounting, and the shop department to support the production of a constant supply of quality produce.
- Maintain an uninterrupted supply of materials to meet the farms operational needs.
- Create, submit and process purchase orders from ERP system.
- Monitor and manage supplier pricing and performance.
- Audit internal cost allocation to ensure the purchases are properly assigned to fields and crops.
- Evaluate and improve the allocation methodology of supplies.
- Create data reports per commodity, ranch and farming activity.
- Develop an allocation schedule for supplies of significant value.
- Monthly inventory count reconciliations.
- Develop process improvements for allocation methodology.
- Identify areas of limited accuracy and control of supplies and implement new procedures, processes.
- Serve as an integral part of the ERP implementation team, focusing on the farm interests.
- Identify areas of limited accuracy and control of supplies and implement new procedures/ processes and train existing personnel on such processes.
- Direct the digitalization of all farm process documentation and record keeping in a matter that is cohesive with the ERP system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, supply chain, closely related field or equivalent experience within the agricultural industry
- Preferred 3+ years’ experience
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with Purchase Order and Inventory Control
- Excellent organizational skills and communication
- Resourceful, fast learner and good interpersonal skills
- Profit Sharing