Job Title: Cooler and Logistics Intern
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Within Bonipak’s vertically integrated business model, our transportation department manages customer load deliveries with our internal trucking fleet as well as appointment scheduling for customer managed freight orders. Long-term career possibilities available upon successful completion of internship and graduation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform market research and negotiate freight costing across several delivery lanes.
- Communicate to sales weekly delivery rates by lane.
- Work with accounting to ensure proper invoicing on delivered loads
- Maintain full trucks daily to ensure appropriate revenue on every order shipped
- Monitor loading and deliveries to customers
- Maintain relationship with freight service clientele to ensure excellent service is provided to customer accounts
- Helps with appointment desk scheduling and carrier fob communications
- PM and AM field harvest coordinating from field to cooler
- Commodity order allocations for fresh arrivals of product
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desired.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
(To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Problem Solving – Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Support Company Vision – Follows policies and procedures; Supports company’s goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.