Job Title: Berry Production Intern
Department: Betteravia Farms Berry Production
Location: Santa Maria, CA
- 1-3 years’ experience in production agriculture.
- PCA License desired but not required.
- Self-starter, independent personality, ability to multi-task and manage both short- and long-term goals.
- Excellent planning and scheduling abilities
- Analytical skills and proficient in Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
*Position is full-time, Monday through Saturday.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Disease and pest management: Ability to identify common pests and diseases
- Assist with ranch preparation, which includes; ground preparation, bed up, fumigation, irrigation installation, and planting.
- Work with PCA’s to organize and execute pesticide applications
- Ability to work with production crews to determine quality controls
- Assist in scheduling non-harvest labor such as weeding, cutting runners, and cultivating
- Track and analyze efficiencies of all non-harvest activities